- Internet startup experience. Advanced technologies. Finance, investor, and customer relations.
- Experienced manager, B2B strategist, M&A, and business development deal maker.
- Strategic alignment, partnership articulation, business and revenue models.
- Well-regarded author expert on operating systems, networking, security and distributed systems.
- International experience. Published works in German and Japanese.
William currently serves as Chief Executive Officer of ExecProducer, a Silicon Valley startup at the forefront of vending realtime video production services and products.
William has served as senior executive of an international managed service provider, and in various capacities planned and deployed multiple large-scale datacenters, global NOC, and joint service operations with international partners. Under his watch, his development staff designed novel products to empower customers with real-time access and control of services.
William has founded and served in executive positions at InterProphet Corporation and Symmetric Computer Systems. He served in Corporate Strategy and New Ventures and held product management roles in storage networking (SAN) and NT at Tandem Computers. He served in both strategy and engineering roles at CommerceFlow, a developer of resource and supply chain management software for enterprise. He consults to major corporations in business and strategy. He was the architect of the first open source Berkeley Unix releases. He is a widely read international author. He advises high-tech startups on business and investment matters and is active in the Silicon Valley business and investment community networking groups. He got his start at NASA Ames (see "William Jolitz - Early Years") in the 1970's, and remains involved with aerospace concerns.